Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Test Technician III-Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) (665133) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
ESS Test Technician III
The ESS Technician III will support the operational needs of production and developmental environmental stress screening for the Tactical Solutions Business Unit. You will work in the Environmental Stress Screening Test Operations Lab in a team oriented atmosphere with technicians and engineers.
What You’ll Do:
- Work in the ESS lab running vibration and thermal test profiles per customer requirements.
- Process hardware of a developmental, prototype, or critical nature.
- Troubleshoot hardware or assemblies; check and modify chambers or fixtures.
- Conduct tests; monitor, analyze, reduce, and record data. Perform mathematical calculations
- May provide detailed written input for design reviews, proposals, specifications, work standards, and business processes.
- Maintain electronic build records, required data logs, records, and reports in accordance with BATC policies and procedures, and government regulations.
- Support capital improvement projects with cost analysis, process documentation and program leadership / execution.
- Implement EHS processes and procedures; recognize safety hazards, including hazardous materials, and pursue corrective action when necessary.
- Demonstrate effective communication and regular interaction with management, customers, and internal / external auditors.
- Completing tasks and communicating effectively, both orally and written, within environmental test work centers.
- Deliver work with a keen attention to cost and schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units, and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Support of other Test Operations labs will be required depending on the department’s workload and staffing needs.
- Operate company owned vehicles as required.
- Maintain valid driver’s license and good motor vehicle record.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 6 or more years of related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 4 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Willingness to obtain a DoD security clearance is required.
- Working knowledge of thermal and vibration instrumentation including accelerometers, charge amplifiers, signal conditioners, force sensors, oscilloscopes, TRMS voltmeters, and low/high pass filters.
- Familiarity with digital vibration and thermal control systems.
- Good mechanical aptitude, with solid dexterity and hand/eye coordination to work with hand tools.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft office (Word, Excel) and basic knowledge of databases are needed.
- Basic Mechanical, Electrical and/or Aerospace knowledge is required.
- Must be a self-starter, ambitious, and a conscientious individual with a very high attention to detail.
- Must enjoy working in a process controlled environment. Capable of executing to technical process specifications, procedures and standards.
- General understanding of calibrated equipment is preferred.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and work with heavy equipment, tooling and fixtures.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, laboratory, manufacturing floor or machine shop environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Test Technician III-Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) (665133)
Job ID: 665133
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time