Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Test Engineer I-Tactical Solutions SEIT (666042) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Test Engineer I – Tactical Solutions SEIT
Support qualification efforts of airborne systems and sub systems.
What you’ll do:
- Perform test engineering tasks throughout the lifecycle of tactical programs or R&D; projects.
- Develop, plan, and execute qualification tests for: low observable conformal and phased array antennas, or electro optical systems.
- Perform data analyses and develop test reports.
- Interface with systems engineering on requirements flow down.
- Support program gates such as the preliminary design review and critical design review
- Participate in the development and presentation of Test Readiness Reviews (TRR).
- Support the development, test and evaluation of hardware, software, support equipment and systems as required.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS degree or higher in engineering or a related technical field is required plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- RF Range testing experience is a plus.
- Current Secret security clearance is preferred.
- Advanced computer application skills, such as Matlab, C, C++, IDL, STK, DOORS, and other analytical tools is a strong plus.
- Experience executing RF, tactical or electro-optical system programs from concept development and program kick- off through post-delivery support.
- Experience with Test Engineering execution.
- Ability to coordinate activities of a diverse team, predict and meet schedules, resolve disconnects.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, including the ability to understand the customer’s needs and provide clear communication of proposed solutions to both Ball management and the customer.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Test Engineer I-Tactical Solutions SEIT (666042)
Job ID: 666042
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time