Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Technician IV - Radio Frequency (665217) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Technician IV - Radio Frequency
What you’ll do:
- Draft, read and review schematics that incorporate RF Electronics and Control Electronics for RF components.
- Review, build, troubleshoot and repair technically difficult prototypes and assemblies that incorporate and integrate RF, digital control and mechanical functions and interfaces.
- Review and accurately interpret drawings specifications and procedures for completeness and compliance to contract requirements.
- Mentor more junior technicians in techniques and processes.
- Set up board and system level testing of RF, digital, power, antenna range and environmental tests.
- Make decisions about designs and test configurations based on interpretation of test data.
- Maintain an orderly and compliant work area.
- May perform CAD modeling and analysis of designs using a variety of software tools.
- Assignments may be diverse, rapidly paced, and technically difficult.
- Will develop technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Complete tasks while complying with safety practices and standards including wearing safety equipment and clothing as well as following procedures for material handling.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 8 or more years of related experience, or a two-year technical degree with 6 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Requires basic competency in core RF and electronics skills and figures of merit.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and to interface effectively with people at all levels.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must effectively contribute to successful producibility of designs and to cost, budget, and schedule control.
- Must know how to address customers’ needs, when to volunteer and when to defer actions to responsible engineer.
- Must have demonstrated understanding of process and process compliance and ability to participate in process audits and corrective actions.
- Experience in hand tools, soldering, and ESD sensitive processes.
- Proven expertise with the following equipment: spectrum analyzer, PNA, Power Amplifier, RF Signal Generator, DMM and Oscilloscope.
- A current security clearance is preferred.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, laboratory, manufacturing floor or machine shop environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AERO: Most Wanted
Job Classified as Standard Plus - $2,000 Referral Fee
Job Title: Technician IV - Radio Frequency (665217)
Job ID: 665217
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time