Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Technician III - Assembly (665108) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Technician III – Assembly
Perform standard manufacturing and assembly tasks of intermediate complexity in a production repetitive-build aerospace environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Role tasks may include cleaning, parts/materials preparation, mechanical /electrical assembly, polymerics processing, manual soldering, cable / harness fabrication, adhesive/bonding and masking operations.
- Apply an intermediate level of knowledge and skills in hardware assembly & manufacturing operations.
- Apply intermediate competency in use of hand tools, assembly tooling and general manufacturing equipment.
- Must complete certification training and maintain required certifications as required.
- Apply solid computer skills to access & input data via computer interface or automated equipment.
- Apply intermediate competency to verify weight requirements and perform mathematical equations as required.
- Utilize reading and comprehension skills to follow documented build instruction and/or suggest revision to existing instruction.
- May inspect or verify work of lower level technicians.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 6 years or more experience or a 2-year technical degree and 4 or more years.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A good mechanical aptitude, with good dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent manual soldering skills that are compliant per J-STD-001 Class 3.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be a self-starter, ambitious and a conscientious individual. Work will typically be inspected for completeness and accuracy.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, laboratory, manufacturing floor or machine shop environment.
- Travel may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Technician III - Assembly (665108)
Job ID: 665108
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time