Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Technician II - Production (664774) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
*Technician II - Production *
*What You’ll Do: *
- Fabricate high reliable aerospace Printed Wiring Assemblies for Flight and non-Flight applications.
- Day to day responsibilities include executing standards, practices, and procedures to meet product/program requirements.
- Operations include component lead forming/tinning, hand soldering soldering, encapsulation, hardware installation and complex rework/repair as needed.
- Work in a lab/production environment
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
*What You Need: *
- High School diploma plus 4 or more years of related experience, or a 2-year technical degree with 2 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, BOMs, and complex assembly instructions in order to fabricate and inspect PWAs.
- Basic knowledge of PWA and electronic component identification, care, handling, and cleaning
- Demonstrated competencies in the following: component prep (lead forming/tinning/packaging), hand soldering various surface mount and through hole components, performing complex PWA rework, repair, and ‘white wire’/’dead bug’ operations.
- Must be able to hand solder a wide range of surface mount chip components (down to 0402) and fine pitch leaded surface mount components (down to 0.5mm)
- Ablity to obtain or be currently certified to: Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assmeblies IPC J-STD-001 and IPC J-STD-001 with Space Addendum, IPC-A-610, and NASA-STD-8739; Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) in accordance with ANSI S20.20; and Polymerics use and application
- Ability to use handheld testing and measurement equipment (example DMMs and Calipers)
- Experience maintaining critical Flight hardware cleanliness in a clean room and flow bench environment is preferred
- Experience programming/running automated electronics equipment (example Pick/Place and Selective Solder) a plus
- Ability/willingness to cross-train into other areas/product types across the organization
- Ability to read and perform work to complex processes efficiently with little supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of program personnel, peers, and management is required .
- Must be able to use Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office (including Excel, Outlook, and Word).
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, laboratory, manufacturing floor or machine shop environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Technician II - Production (664774)
Job ID: 664774
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time