Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Tactical Mission Analyst (664895) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Tactical Mission Analyst
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in solving challenging defense related problems by analyzing the mission and deriving the appropriate technology to pursue.
- Participate in test data collection and evaluation.
- Facilitate rapid prototyping by setting performance goals.
- Under the general supervision of a senior-level analyst, analyze situational details of mission conditions including topography, electromagnetic propagation, threat presence for electronic warfare measures and countermeasures.
- Generate predictions of mission susceptibility by creating algorithms and generating MATLAB code.
- Contribute to completion of milestones within specific projects and provide solutions to a variety of technical problems.
- Thoroughly document software, predictions, test plans and test results is essential. Prepare and give presentations to peers, management and customers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 2 years of related and empirical experience. A demonstrated interest in Electromagnetics or RF Technology is strongly preferred.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Electromagnetic propagation or electronic warfare experience is desirable.
- Experience with coding in MATLAB is required.
- Broad academic backgrounds including academic research experience is preferred.
- Ability to independently research new topics of interest.
- Ability to document analysis results, write reports and present findings.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interface with technicians, peers, senior-level engineers, business development, management.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Tactical Mission Analyst (664895)
Job ID: 664895
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time