Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Systems Engineer II-Tactical Solutions SEIT (665519) - Security clearance required in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Systems Engineer II – Tactical Solutions SEIT
This position will report to the Manager of Tactical Solutions Systems and Test Engineering. This position has responsibility for leading systems engineering tasks associated with the development of tactical solutions flight systems and sub systems.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform systems engineering tasks throughout the lifecycle of tactical programs or R&D; projects.
- Understand and refine requirements for: low observable conformal and phased array antennas, or electro optical systems.
- Provide analyses in the form of released documents for the same systems. Manage system interfaces.
- Support program gates such as the preliminary design review and critical design review
- Subject matter expertise is Electronic Warfare systems and analysis
- Support the development, test and evaluation of hardware, software, support equipment and systems as required.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Current Secret security clearance is required.
- Advanced computer application skills, such as Matlab, C, C++, IDL, STK, DOORS, and other analytical tools is a strong plus.
- Experience executing RF, tactical or electro-optical system programs from concept development and program kick- off through post-delivery support.
- Experience with Systems Engineering execution.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills—ability to coordinate activities of a diverse team, predict and meet schedules, resolve disconnects.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, including the ability to understand the customer’s needs and provide clear communication of proposed solutions to both Ball management and the customer.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Systems Engineer II-Tactical Solutions SEIT (665519) - Security clearance required
Job ID: 665519
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time