Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Staff Consultant EEE Parts Engineer - Space Avionics (665509) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Staff Consultant EEE Parts Engineer – Space Avionics
Lead work with Parts, Radiation and Reliability Engineers to support Design teams in the selection, evaluation, analysis and documentation of Electrical, Electronic, and Electromechanical (EEE) parts.
What you´ll do:
- Apply expert Parts Engineering knowledge to develop highly advanced technical technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts.
- Plan, direct, and review efforts of other EEE Parts Engineers to support multiple program requirements while working to cost and schedule constraints.
- Perform Parts Engineering functions on complex space programs using industry proven techniques and principles.
- Lead Parts Control Board discussions with customers.
- Evaluate EEE parts against program requirements (e.g. Screening, Qualification, and DPA).
- Assist Design Engineering and Supply Chain Management with part and vendor selections.
- Familiar with the creation of detailed part drawings to meet program requirements.
- Leverage use of company standard parts library across program and product classes.
- Maintain Program Approved Parts Lists (PAPL’s).
- Understand and direct generation of Non-Standard Part Approval Requests (NSPAR’s).
- Have a strong understanding of EEE part data.
- Write and present reports documenting analysis and anomaly results.
- Review GIDEP Advisories and Alerts to determine program impact.
- Support proposals and new business development.
- Develop BATC level processes and procedures concerning parts flow.
- Work cross-functionally to resolve issues impacting multiple departments.
- Provide expert level support to all level of engineers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish effective working relationships within the department and with other program personnel such as Designers, Customers, Suppliers, Management, and Mission Assurance to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you´ll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 16 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Active security clearance or ability to obtain one is required; TS/SCI is preferred.
- Knowledge of TOR-level requirements is preferred.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Staff Consultant EEE Parts Engineer - Space Avionics (665509)
Job ID: 665509
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time