Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Sr Engineer- Process Innovation in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 18,500 people worldwide and reported 2017 net sales of $11 billion. For more information, visit www.ball.com, or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
Senior Engineer - Process Innovation
Ball Corporation, since its founding in 1880, has evolved and expanded from its humble beginnings as a manufacturer of wood-jacketed tin cans into the global manufacturing leader it is today. From the development of innovative metal packaging to the beverage, food and consumer goods markets to delivering proven instruments, sensors and spacecraft to the aerospace and defense industries, Ball’s unmatched expertise and global reach ensure that no matter our customers’ mission, we are there to help them achieve it.
Ball’s beverage packaging, which delivers more than just a cold drink. We pride in creating metal beverage cans and bottles that are smart, practical, sustainable and eye-catching. From our aluminum beverage cans ranging in excess of 20 different sizes to the versatile, recloseable Alumni-Tek bottle to the Dynamark variable printing technology that allows us to print up to 24 design variations per production run, we work closely with our customers to deliver a unique packaging experience to consumers.
With the help of our 18,450 talented employees around the world, Ball will continue to revolutionize our industries, serve our customers, and put the right people, processes and partners in place to help us achieve our vision and create long-term value for all our shareholders.
*Primary Purpose of Position: *
Develops and implements new technologies to achieve step change improvements in cost, efficiency, flexibility and sustainability. Works closely with global and regional teams to drive the global process innovation pipeline. Responsible for bringing ideas from concept to reality and working closely with engineering and operations on commercial implementation. Coordinates communication efforts around new process innovations to develop globally consistent implementation plans.
- Drives the front end of process innovation, ensuring that the global process development pipeline reflects industry trends and future needs.
- Experience in two or more aluminum can manufacturing processes including metal forming, washing/water treatment, printing, and/or coating operations.
- Translates plant processing challenges into new project opportunities and facilitates innovation ideation to ensure a healthy project pipeline.
- Applies new internal and external technologies to manufacturing processes to increase flexibility, reduce spoilage, and improve efficiency and long-term environmental sustainability targets.
- Ensures appropriate follow up on process innovation projects with engineering / operations teams during development cycle, to drive clearly defined innovation priorities for global technology implementation.
- Experience in interaction with suppliers to generate new process designs and validate process performance in plant manufacturing lines.
- Ability to manage customer relationships to generate new process designs and validates process performance in plant manufacturing lines.
- Create packages for operations & engineering to optimize implementation and minimize operational issues in the plant environment – often requires support/collaboration in creating / editing quality test methods, SOP’s, EHS documentation, etc.
- Makes use of analytical and statistical evaluation tools to assess process improvement performance.
- Applies stage gate and project management tools to enable and document cross functional collaboration w/ areas such as operations and engineering.
- Ability to support business cases for new processes including evaluation of capital equipment, support equipment, installation, and material usage.
- Training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education or work-related experience
- BS in Engineering or a related technical field, such as mathematics, chemistry, or physics
- Job related experience for 4-7 years minimum
- Highly innovative and ambitious self-starter
- Creative thinker and able to contribute ideas to brainstorming sessions
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a cross-functional team across borders and cultures
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and be flexible in a fast paced, changing environment
- Clear and effective communicator, both written and verbal
- Understanding of statistical principles
- Project management skills and experience with project management tools such as MS Project
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with outstanding follow through skills
- Analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Occasional travel as needed
Some relocation assistance for this position may be available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Sr Engineer- Process Innovation
Job ID: 665740
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time