Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace SMT Assembly Technician (665529) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Technician II – SMT Assembly
What you’ll do:
- Fabricate highly reliable aerospace PWB (PCB) assemblies for Flight and non-Flight applications
- Pre form and lead form components using both automated and manual equipment
- Assist with maintenance on automated equipment when required
- Hand solder components onto PWBs
- Perform other duties assisting with PWB assembly as required by management
- Use automated rework staion for component placement and removal
- Audit/verify kits on manufacturing floor for accuracy and completeness
- Operate equipment including but not limited to pick and place, through hole, screen printing, selective soldering, AOI, SPI and PWB cleaningMaintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- High School diploma or equivalent and 4 or more years of related experience, or a two-year technical degree with 2 or more years
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Must know how to read and interpret drawings and complex assembly instructions in order to fabricate PWBAs.
- Must have knowledge of IPC 610, certification preferred.
- Ability to work complex processes efficiently with little supervision. Able to work in a lab/production environment majority of the time
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of program personnel and management is required
- Must be able to use MicroSoft Windows, MicroSoft Office (incuding Excel, Outlook, and Word)
- Must have at least 4 years of SMT assembly experience.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, laboratory, manufacturing floor or machine shop environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: SMT Assembly Technician (665529)
Job ID: 665529
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time