Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Senior Tactical Mission Analyst (666090) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
*Senior Tactical Mission Analyst *
What You’ll Do:
- Solve challenging defense related problems by analyzing the mission and deriving the appropriate technology to pursue.
- Develop analysis tools to creatively address structured and unstructured/open-ended problems.
- Analyze situational details of mission conditions including topography, electromagnetic propagation, threat presence for electronic warfare measures and countermeasures.
- Generate predictions of mission susceptibility by creating algorithms and generating MATLAB code.
- Contribute to completion of milestones within specific projects and provide solutions to a variety of technical problems.
- Thoroughly document software, predictions, test plans and test results is essential. Prepare and give presentations to peers, management and customers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- A demonstrated interest in Electromagnetics or RF Technology is strongly preferred.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Electromagnetic propagation or electronic warfare experience is desirable.
- Experience with coding in MATLAB is required.
- Broad academic backgrounds including academic research experience is preferred.
- Ability to independently research new topics of interest.
- Ability to document analysis results, write reports and present findings.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interface with technicians, peers, senior-level engineers, business development, management.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Senior Tactical Mission Analyst (666090)
Job ID: 666090
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time