Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Senior Engineering Manager - AMC Manufacturing Plant Manager (666304) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Senior Engineering Manager - AMC Manufacturing Plant Manager
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for the efficient and safe operations of Ball’s Westminster based Aerospace Manufacturing Center (AMC) manufacturing capabilities, spaces, equipment, tools, and processes.
- Implement a plant management approach to AMC manufacturing operations by effectively integrating the support functions of MTO, facilities, mission assurance, ITS, and security into one matrixed, cohesive, and highly functioning team.
- Accountable for the efficient and safe operations of all AMC manufacturing shops and service centers. Including paint, etch, flash-cut, autoclaves, machining, and environmental stress screening (ESS).
- Manage a direct staff of 3 managers and an overall organization of 150 operations professionals.
- Guide lean manufacturing efforts and develop improved quality, delivery and cost metrics that improve efficiency.
- Create and drive optimization of KPIs around Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, and Productivity using Industrial Engineering and kaizen tools and techniques.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement using industrial engineering tools including, but not limited to, Process Capability Analysis, Daily Management, Value Stream Mapping (VSM), 6S, KPC/KCC, and data analytics.
- Lead consistent deployment of quality management tools such as: DMAIC process, SPC standards, Error Proofing, Design of Experiments, DFMEA/PFMEA, Control Plans, etc.
- Evolve existing training programs to support rapid operational growth.
- Plan, develop, and control department indirect budget while maintaining stable, competitive, and predictable rates.
- Lead the sourcing, acquisition, and implementation of new and innovative manufacturing and test execution software and tools.
- Maintain outstanding partnerships with operations stakeholders and business unit customers.
What you’ll need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 15 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading complex organizations with a headcount of 150 or more.
- Proven history of effectively managing controllable and capital budgets of $5M or greater.
- Established experience leading teams through rigorous compliance environments including AS9100, NASA 8739.1, 8739.4, IPC/WHMA-A-620, IPC-J-STD-001, and NASA-STD-8739.2 & 8739.3.
- Experience developing and implementing large scale volume manufacturing strategies.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the areas of Collaboration, Organizational Agility, Conflict Management, Managerial Courage, and Process Management.
- Established history of continuous improvement and creating data driven infrastructures to monitor and improve manufacturing performance.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead an engineering, planning, and technical resource organization throughout the program lifecycle; proposal through delivery.
- Experience mentoring, training, and staffing employees with a strong commitment to improving organizational diversity and inclusion.
- Proven track record of successful implementation of LEAN/Six Sigma manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Experience of implementation and sustainment of ISO 9001 certification.
- Six Sigma Black Belt highly desired
- Proven and exceptional ability to collaborate and partner across business functions.
- Experience implementing enterprise resource software (ERP/PLM) is desired.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance or government customer access to classified/sensitive material. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance or government customer access within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. *US Citizenship is Required. By applying to this position you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire, if one is required, to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Senior Engineering Manager - AMC Manufacturing Plant Manager (666304)
Job ID: 666304
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time