Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Senior Engineer-Systems Engineer (LiDAR) - Tactical Solutions SEIT (665521) - Security clearance required in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Senior Engineer –Systems Engineer (Tactical Solutions SEIT)
This position will report to the Manager of Tactical Solutions Systems and Test Engineering.
What you'll do:
- Airborne LIDAR collect planning, data processing, and data analysis.
- Processing of geospatial data, including evaluating accuracy and sufficiency, and ensuring compliance to applicable project and industry standards related to LiDAR mapping products.
- Classification of LiDAR point clouds, extraction of mapping features including planimetry and breaklines from LiDAR point clouds and handling ground based images.
- Manipulation and exploitation of LiDAR data to create custom LiDAR products to include but not limited to: HLZs, Line of Sight (LOS), and route analysis.
- Brief senior staff and end users.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department and customer base. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus a minimum of 8 years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Advanced computer application skills, such as Matlab, C, C++, IDL, STK, DOORS, and other analytical tools.
- Experience in hardware and software engineering.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Experience with systems engineering tools and processes.
- Excellent communication skills are essential; including the ability to understand the customer’s needs and provide clear communication of proposed solutions to both Ball management and the customer.
- Experience with different LIDAR systems, exploiting LiDAR data, creating and disseminating LiDAR products to include but not limited to: HLZ’s, LOS, route analysis, terrain modeling, Digital Elevation Models and Digital Surface Models, orthorectification, geo-referencing, and mosaicking of Airborne data.
- Experienced with many data types including LIDAR, optical, hyperspectral and GPS.
- Experience with Geiger based LIDAR hardware and data.
- In-depth knowledge of LIDAR processing software tools including: QT Modeler, MARS or SOCET GXP.
- Hands-on knowledge and experience with a wide range of GPS hardware.
- Experience process GPS and IMU data.
- LIDAR and aerial camera operation & understanding of aircraft logistics & airborne surveying practices.
- Programming skills in both Unix and Windows operating systems.
- Active Collateral Secret Clearance required.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Senior Engineer-Systems Engineer (LiDAR) - Tactical Solutions SEIT (665521) - Security clearance required
Job ID: 665521
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time