Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Senior Electrical Engineer - Test Systems (665185) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Senior Electrical Engineer – Test Systems
What You’ll Do:
- Provide electrical system architecture and electronics implementation experience, knowledge, and technical leadership for cutting-edge digital and mixed-signal design, focusing on tactical imaging systems.
- Lead electrical technology assessments and electrical system-level architecture trade studies, electrical system definition, and electrical subsystem level requirements flow-down (analysis and allocation).
- Effectively operate within a multi-discipline tactical system engineering team.
- Provide technical oversight to ensure the electrical system is compliant and verifiable. Potential technologies include image sensors, digital signal processing, high speed data transfer, low noise analog sensing, and low voltage power.
- Create designs consistent with Ball Aerospace design, configuration management, and processing standards.
- Mentor and develop junior level electrical engineers.
- Maintain standard test cable construction drawing used by junior engineers for processing of electrical hardware.
- Maintain standard notes file used by junior engineers for processing of electrical hardware.
- Maintain standard parts list used by junior engineers for processing of electrical hardware.
- Serve as the Electrical Packaging central point of contact and direct Electrical GSE Packaging designer.
- Work with manufacturing team to ensure all designs are built to meet program schedule, budget and technical requirements.
- Direct team of engineers in specification, design and test of ESTE racks and cables.
- Review and approve specifications, designs and test procedures prior to implementation.
- Serve as STE rack architect by drawing Rack Internal Cable interconnect diagrams.
- Create schematic design of distribution chassis to condition and adapt COTS signals into a standard rack connector interface.
- Electrical subsystem level grounding, EMI/EMC/ESD allocations and implementation, and electrical interface control definitions.
- Identify and mitigate technical risks.
- Evaluate and optimize size, weight, and power.
- Present to both internal and external customers.
- Define and implement the test and verification program.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Current Secret or higher clearance is desired.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, strong presentation skills, and the ability to effectively lead group discussions.
- Experience with writing and running LABVIEW Scripts for Electrical Test Rack use and certification.
- Familiarity with PXI chassis, VME chassis, Instrument Drivers, CAD modeling (AutoCAD and/or Solidworks).
- Experience with electronics detailed design and analysis experience is desired.
- Experience with high speed data transfer is desired.
- Experience designing for a tactical environment is desired.
- Direct experience with electro-optical (EO) systems is desired.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Senior Electrical Engineer - Test Systems (665185)
Job ID: 665185
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time