Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Senior Antenna (Survivability and Strike) RF Design Engineer (665235) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Senior Antenna (Survivability and Strike) RF Design Engineer
This senior position will have stealth or low-observable (LO) antenna and RF design engineering as its area of specialization.
What you’ll do:
- Antenna and antenna-related RF component design and development along with new business support; typically supporting more than one program at a time.
- Antenna requirement evaluation, initial concept trade-off and development, in-house and customer presentations, travel, and technical proposal writing and cost/schedule estimating.
- Be responsible for the hands-on design and realization of state-of-the-art LO antennas and RF components.
- Applies extensive technical expertise, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Mentor and guide more junior engineers and technicians in the design, build, and test phases of projects and programs.
- Guides the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role.
- Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment.
- Develops technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Interface effectively with people at all levels and from diverse areas, seek out responsibilities and opportunities to contribute, regularly meets with customers, provide leadership to groups and teams and guidance to less experienced employees.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units, and the rest of the company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 8 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered.
- Requires full competency in core RF engineering and antenna theory and skills and potentially stronger specializations in a specific RF-related field.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Makes presentations and may lead group discussions.
- Experience and skills to effectively contribute to successful producibility of designs and to cost, budget, and schedule control.
- Experience with design of antennas and RF components (frequency-selective surfaces (FSS), radomes, power dividers, couplers, transitions, etc.).
- Analytical design experience using software and simulation tools such as AWR Microwave Office/Agilent ADS, CST, FEKO, HFSS, and SENTRI.
- Experience and proficiency in programming, data manipulation, and data visualization in MATLAB.
- RCS design, prediction, and measurement experience is preferred. This includes analysis and simulation experience as well as measurement experience.
- Must be able to create effective test plans; schedule and execute measurements at internal and external facilities; perform measurement analysis and troubleshooting; process measurement data using such tools such as Knowbell, DataPro, and Saber; and summarize performance using conventional figures of merit for LO antennas (RCS, Gain, VSWR, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to apply significant technical expertise in RF engineering and to leverage knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Current security clearance is preferred.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Senior Antenna (Survivability and Strike) RF Design Engineer (665235)
Job ID: 665235
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time