Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Project Manager II-Sector Business Operations (SAS Mission Systems) (664811) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Project Manager II – Sector Business Operations (Survivability & Strike)
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with sector leadership and individual programs to optimize portfolio execution:
- Generate and maintain a technical master schedule of all design, fabrication, test, and manufacturing milestones across a portfolio of products.
- Work with individual program managers to coordinate the phasing of technical efforts and hardware deliveries between the various sector programs to optimize portfolio wide execution.
- Assist management and operations teams in developing capital investment and facility plans to meet mid- and long-term program schedules.
- Collate, track, analyze, and present sector level business data:
- Track sector level Sales, Profit and Bookings actuals and projections, providing analysis to determine drivers.
- Provide projections for upcoming program needs, prioritizing requirements with sector lead and submit at SAS level.
- Administrate sector-level Overhead and IRAD projects, including opening and closing of charge numbers and tracking of budgets for internally funded projects.
- Generate and maintain sector staffing tools:
- Work with program and functional managers to ensure staffing needs are identified across the various disciplines with the appropriate skill mix and experience level to meet combined sector needs.
- Track current staff assignments on existing sector programs
- Work with program managers / advanced systems managers to forecast future staffing needs. Collect and deliver staffing needs to SAS operations manager
- Help facilitate onboarding of staff
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- May provide direct support to active programs.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 6 years or more related experience. An engineering or technical degree is preferred.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education, U.S. Department of Education.
- Experience with strategic planning, project management, problem solving, and data analysis.
- Ability to apply sound leadership and management principles to an organization of high performing engineers developing state-of-the-art products throughout the full lifecycle from proposal through delivery.
- A strong self-starter with the ability to work independently and with a team.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills, including ability to present on critical matters.
- Competency with Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Project.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Project Manager II-Sector Business Operations (SAS Mission Systems) (664811)
Job ID: 664811
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time