Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Project Manager I - Program Operations (665679) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Project Manager I – Program Operations
What you’ll do:
- Oversee and coordinate all operational aspects of assigned projects within the scope of a larger program
- Act as liaison between program management, project team, functional management, and the customer.
- Plan, execute, monitor, control, document, and communicate all aspects of projects: cost, schedule, scope, technical performance, and resource use to include internal and external reporting.
- Develop, synchronize, manage, document, and communicate individual project and integrated master program schedules.
- Prepare and communicate internal and external status reports.
- Manage project stakeholder expectations.
- Plan and conducts regular project meetings.
- Develop and coordinate a staffing facilities and resource plan to ensure timely and efficient project execution.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 4 years or more related experience. An engineering degree as a related discipline is preferred.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A history of performance illustrating skills in being a self -starter, having excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal, ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to apply sound leadership and management principles to an organization of high performing engineers developing antenna and antenna electronics throughout the full lifecycle from proposal through delivery.
- Experience with component engineering aspects for space, military, tactical and commercial needs with focus on "reuse", "standardization" and "built-in quality" at various levels of hardware/product development, procurement and fabrication.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Project Manager I - Program Operations (665679)
Job ID: 665679
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time