Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Project Engineer (Survivability and Strike) RF Engineer I (665473) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Project Engineer (Survivability and Strike) RF * Engineer *I * *
What you'll do:
- Plan and oversee antenna, phased array, and RF electronics product development projects including RF/antennas and RF/antenna-related components.
- Inform appropriate leadership of project status and milestones.
- Coordinate and assist in the delivery of in-house and customer presentations, including travel as appropriate.
- Use company tools and processes to facilitate the execution of projects.
- Incorporate knowledge from subject matter experts to make decisions that keep projects on schedule on budget and meeting technical requirements.
- Monitor and advise management of status on and guide progress of cost, schedule and technical performance.
- Manage and build teams focused on project execution.
- Manage the identification and execution of risk mitigation and opportunity capture on multiple projects.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years of related experience.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Proven ability to interface effectively with people at all levels, meet regularly with customers, and provide leadership to internal groups and teams.
- Demonstrated strong verbal, written, and public speaking communication skills.
- Experience in cost estimating and cost estimating tools used at Ball Aerospace.
- Experience monitoring supplier activity and identifying and executing critical tasks.
- Familiarity with the life cycle of antenna and antenna system development from technical readiness level (TRL) 1 to TRL 8 including initial design.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects in different technology areas.
- Experience and demonstrated ability to manage and build teams effectively.
- Ability to effectively use MS Office to manage and communicate on project activities.
- Expertise with tools and processes (including BART, IFS, Agile and Velocity as well as product class definitions and applications) used at Ball for project execution.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a schedule and manage a team's execution to meet that schedule.
- A current security clearance is preferred.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Project Engineer (Survivability and Strike) RF Engineer I (665473)
Job ID: 665473
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time