Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Project Engineer I - Electrical Harness (664722) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Project Engineer I – Electrical Harness
Lead a team of Electrical Systems, Harness Design, and Production Engineers in the design, fabrication, test, and integration of ground and space based Electrical Harness and Wiring Assemblies.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead cross functional teams within an engineering and manufacturing environment.
- Responsible for system cost, schedule, and technical, performance across multiple projects and at program IPT level.
- Provide and communicate understanding of both the technical and programmatic aspects of a project to the project team as well as the customer.
- Manage complex subcontracts and support new business proposal opportunities.
- Work on projects that include development of electrical harness assemblies for NASA, DoD, and Commercial Space payloads and spacecraft systems.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within all the Ball departments including, the Strategic Business Units, and Strategic Support Units. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Demonstrated successful management of hardware development efforts including meeting cost, schedule, and performance goals.
- Experience leading cross functional teams and able to identify needs for expert input and engage with company subject matter experts to resolve issues.
- Hands on experience in space flight hardware design, fabrication, and test.
- Experience managing all aspects of project engineering from requirement development to hardware integration.
- Able to provide alternative and creative approaches to requirements, process and management that help improve efficiencies, cost and schedule on projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written communication skills, oral presentation skills, conflict management and an ability to lead group discussions.
- Cost and schedule management with earned value reporting along with resource, risk and subcontract management.
- Experience with “flight space qualified” hardware programs and understanding of the rigor in process, documentation and qualification of parts and assemblies.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Project Engineer I - Electrical Harness (664722)
Job ID: 664722
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time