Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Project Controls Analyst II - Cost Estimating and Pricing (664980) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Analyst II – Cost Estimating & Pricing
In this position, you will develop the necessary skills to support the Cost Estimating and Pricing process including adherence and understanding of the Ball Estimating System Description (ESD), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), and Truthful Cost and Pricing Data/TINA.
What You’ll Do
- Assist in the performance of the Cost Estimating and Pricing functions during the proposal lifecycle, which includes new business proposals, ROMs and program change proposals as needed. New business opportunities will involve various contract types ranging from Cost Plus, Fixed Price and Time and Materials.
- Provide strategic assistance in analysis of proposal products.
- Perform proposal peer checks.
- Data collection and analysis of pricing.
- Prepare cost review presentations.
- Work with Program Managers to development and maintain the Work Breakdown Structures (WBS).
- Perform direct and indirect rate application and Cost Estimating Relationship (CER) analysis checks for accuracy and consistency.
- Develop, populate and check Excel spreadsheets.
- Assist in the collection of historical data, analysis and correlation for BOE development.
- Develop the ability to apply and follow policies and procedures related to external RFP requirements.
- Work with team to ensure cost volumes are compliant with regulatory requirements and prepared in accordance with company practices.
- Perform Request for Proposal (RFP) and Statement of Work (SOW) analysis and compliance related to cost, schedule and proposal submittal.
- Review Basis of Estimates (BOEs) prepared by technical staff including traceability checks.
- Review and provide historical data in support of BOE development.
- Apply lessons learned documentation, assessment and implementation of corrective action/improvements to process.
- Provide fact finding and negotiations support to proposal team and contract manager
- Support internal and external (DCAA/DCMA) audit support as warranted.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- BS in a related field plus 2 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education.
- Willingness to learn and grow in role.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems following established policies and procedures
- Function in a high paced dynamic team work environment.
- Proficient in the use of MS office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Project Controls Analyst II - Cost Estimating and Pricing (664980)
Job ID: 664980
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time