Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Program Manager II (665792) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Program Manager II
Manage development and/or production programs within the organization. The TS aircraft business consists of dynamic and highly technical programs with emphasis on design, fabrication and test of tactical RF systems.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for overall program leadership, direction and guidance that ensures successful program execution in accordance with the budget, schedule, contract, Statement of Work (SOW) and Technical Specifications.
- Develop and monitor fidelity of the program baseline including definition of tasks, program budgets and program schedules.
- Define, secure, organize and direct staff, resources, standards, processes, procedures and tools essential for the successful completion of a program.
- Provide sound leadership and team-building to motivate, influence and effectively apply the program staff.
- Develop good internal/external communication systems.
- Act as the main interface with the Customer and main Ball representative on all program related subjects.
- Ensure that program requirements, purposes, objectives, and expectations are communicated and flowed-down to the internal team and subcontractors.
- Resolve conflicts, demands and priorities on assigned programs.
- Recognize, develop, and work to win potential follow-on work, increased scope, and additional programs within the appropriate program Customer contacts.
- Work unplanned program issues to a best solution, including development of plans-forward, escalation and increased resources, as required.
- Communicate program status to Upper Management.
- Manage and support proposals, as required.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS/BA in engineering, physics or a related field, plus 12 or more years of program related experience including design, fabrication, test and management.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A track record of successfully managing the design, fabrication, and test of new technologies and developmental hardware.
- Experience in program and procurement management responsibilities for tactical hardware. Experience with subcontract management and supplier oversight a plus.
- Existing DoD Secret clearance is required. An existing Top Secret clearance is a plus.
- Demonstrate ability to work successfully with demanding customers, difficult schedules, and technically challenging projects.
- Self-starter with the ability to understand the big picture as well as technical, budget and schedule issues at the detail level.
- Comfortable and competent with MS Office computer tools including: WORD, EXCEL, PROJECT, POWERPOINT and OFFICE.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation development and delivery skills.
- Ability to utilize standard program status tools including:
- Earned Value (EV) and Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) including variance reporting
- Program performance reporting status including program highlights, Cost Performance Index (CPI), Schedule Performance Index (SPI), schedule progress, technical status and Customer Relations.
- Technical Performance Metrics (TPM’s) including current progress of key technical performance parameters against requirements.
- Thorough understanding of the risk and opportunity management process as related to program plan.
- Thorough understanding of Change Control process to control, monitor and resolve internal and external changes related to Program plan.
- Understanding of RF components and systems.
- Understanding of component and system level test planning and execution
- Acquisition, Pointing and Tracking system design experience.
- Business Development or New Business Experience.
- Proposal Management experience including familiarity with government requirements.
- Familiar with general government contractual requirements.
- Experienced with an ISO 9001 environment.
- Ability to lead and effectively negotiate program awards.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other non-Ball locations will be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Program Manager II (665792)
Job ID: 665792
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time