Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Material Property Specialist I (664828) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Material Property Specialist I
Material handler in the Stock Room and Traffic area to perform general inventory, receiving, and shipping activities in support of company Supply Chain operations.
What you’ll do:
- Receive, sort, transfer, and issue material to various departments.
- Plan and coordinate usage of storage space: load and unload material from vehicles; move material/mail about the warehouse facility; sort and stock as required.
- Operate hand carts, pallet jacks, forklifts; pick up or deliver material, etc.
- Consult with program, other departments, and management on packaging requirements.
- Perform physical inventories from planning through reporting, i.e. plan, schedule, perform, reconcile, justify, and report.
- Resolve material and property problems with department or program management.
- Maintain required logs, records and files in accordance with BATC policies and government regulations.
- Assist programs in shipping arrangements of end item or sensitive item shipments.
- Operate company owned vehicles as required.
- Maintain valid driver’s license and good motor vehicle record.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 2 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. or more.
- Work is performed in an office or warehouse environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Material Property Specialist I (664828)
Job ID: 664828
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time