Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Material Control Analyst (666365) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Material Control Analyst
Manage the planning and execution of the Material Baseline for the program or product center, including Manufacturing Product Structures, quantities, build schedules and program charge numbers. Primary coordination responsibilities for executing the material baseline including providing visibility for the program and exception planning and mitigation throughout the program lifecycle.
What You’ll Do
- Develop effective program relationships, with agreed upon expectations and roles with the key program and personnel supporting the programs and business areas that they support.
- Provide leadership in managing the Material Baseline for Planning and Execution for their programs/areas, with particular focus on:
- Material Visibility
- Program Schedule
- Proactive communication and management of exceptions or anomalies. This may include working part substitutions, make/ buy guidance, understanding critical path to schedule and mitigating additional risks to the program associated with program execution including non-conformances.
- Has primary responsibility to execute the technical tasks assigned to a Material Control Analyst, including: Setting Demand within the required Work breakdown structure (WBS) and communicating with Project Controls Analysts; Product Structure hierarchy, Quality Plan information regarding procurements, Parts Engineering requirements, Additional requirements planning and Material Plans, maturity of Product Structures and making parts executable, and effectively understand and utilize Manufacturing tools and interfaces designed to facilitate material flow and approval.
- Provide visibility and analysis for material procurements and production schedule to program staff; understand material execution processes and Ball Aerospace best practices.
- Understand MRP and ability to manage schedule through Ball Aerospace tools.
- May be a resource to new business proposal activity by estimating material costs for proposals and providing estimates of remaining material costs to existing programs.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- BS/BA in a related field plus 4 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Material Control Analyst (666365)
Job ID: 666365
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time