Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Manufacturing Technician-Polymerics (665534) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Technician II - Polymerics
What you’ll do:
- Handle, mix and freeze epoxies, staking compounds and solvents
- Apply staking compounds to stake electronic components
- Apply conformal coat and humiseal on to complex electronics assemblies
- Maintain lab cleanliness, inventory materials and order as required
- Collect and record process data
- Operate automated mixing, dispensing, measuring and coating equipment
- Monitor work area to ensure compliance with standards and specifications
- Perform other duties assisting with polymerics as required by management
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 or more years of related experience, or a two-year technical degree and 2 or more years.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Must know how to read and interpret drawings and complex assembly instructions in order to apply material as per instruction onto PWBAs.
- Ability to work in a lab/production environment majority of the time
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of program personnel and management is required
- Must be able to use MicroSoft Windows, MicroSoft Office (incuding Excel, Outlook, and Word)
- Aerospace, clean room, flow bench and experience working with critical Flight hardware a plus
- Ability to work complex processes efficiently with little supervision
- Maintain a consistent work schedule, with potential overtime/weekend work as required
- Must have at least 4 years of production assembly experience.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room or manufacturing floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Manufacturing Technician-Polymerics (665534)
Job ID: 665534
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time