Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Manager - Project Controls (664870) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Manager – Project Controls
What You’ll Do
- Select, motivate, and counsel employees; administer salary and budget programs; ensure employee safety; plan, organize, integrate and measure work performed within the department.
- Flow down Project Controls goals to direct reports.
- Complete performance review and job requirements documentation for direct reports on an annual basis. Meet with appropriate program manager or proposal managers/opportunity leads at least twice a year to obtain feedback on direct reports.
- Meet with direct reports at least twice a year to review performance, address proposal issues, obtain feedback on cost estimating and pricing processes/tools, address career development, and review training requirements.
- Coach and mentor direct reports to ensure personal growth and management visibility.
- Address personnel issues in a timely manner; prepare a corrective action plan and schedule periodic meetings to address issues.
- Work with program, engineering, and technical management to determine staffing requirements and assign staff as required.
- Prepare, maintain, and analyze management data, records, and reports; inform and advise management on alternative courses of action.
- Integrate cost, schedule, contractual, and political aspects of programs into long-range planning and strategy.
- Manage the development and implementation of new policies and procedures.
- Resolve business problems with program management or customer representatives.
- Act as a business advisor for program or department management in long-range planning, capital expenditure analysis, operating year planning, performance analysis, and financial forecasting.
- Provide guidance to program managers and project controls analysts regarding performance measurement and governmental regulations compliance.
- Assist estimators and project controls analysts with cost estimating.
- Monitor financial performance of the department (sales, profit, direct labor, etc.)
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- BS in related field plus 10 years or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Manager - Project Controls (664870)
Job ID: 664870
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time