Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Manager III, Enterprise BPM - Engineering & Maintenance in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation, since its founding in 1880, has evolved and expanded from its humble beginnings as a manufacturer of wood-jacketed tin cans into the global manufacturing leader it is today. From the development of innovative metal packaging to the beverage, food and consumer goods markets to delivering proven instruments, sensors and spacecraft to the aerospace and defense industries, Ball’s unmatched expertise and global reach ensure that no matter our customers’ mission, we are there to help them achieve it.
Ball’s beverage packaging delivers more than just a cold drink. We take pride in creating metal beverage cans and bottles that are smart, practical, sustainable and eye-catching. From our aluminum beverage cans ranging in excess of 20 different sizes to the versatile, recloseable Alumni-Tek bottle to the Dynamark variable printing technology that allows us to print up to 24 design variations per production run, we work closely with our customers to deliver a unique packaging experience to consumers.
Since the aerosol can revolutionized consumer products in the 1940s, Ball has refined and improved the technology to suit today’s needs. We recently developed a new metal alloy that reduces the weight of our aluminum aerosol cans by as much as 15%. We also breathed new air into aerosol technology with the introduction of our next generation of tinplate aerosol packaging, which is helping us meet and exceed our customers’ growing expectations.
Metal food packaging has set the standard for freshness and preservation for well over a century, and we continue to push boundaries and innovate in this sector. What excites us most is the sustainability advantages that metal packaging provides. It is one of the most environmentally friendly and economical forms of packaging.
With the help of our 18,450 talented employees around the world, Ball will continue to revolutionize our industries, serve our customers, and put the right people, processes and partners in place to help us achieve our vision and create long-term value for all our shareholders.
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Manager III, Enterprise Business Process Management, will lead, develop, and implement both enterprise & regional IT strategies that leverage internal and external best practices for key business process improvements within the Engineering & Equipment Maintenance business areas. This leader will work directly with business senior leadership and other key roles within Operations & Engineering, on a global scale.
Process management functions may include data gathering and analysis, best practice research, process mapping, developing and recommending alternatives for improvement, developing performance metrics, obtaining leadership or stakeholder agreement, implementing improvements, and monitoring post-process improvement initiative performance to updated standards. Activities are undertaken and executed in support of organizational goals and are accountable for providing business process solutions to meet internal and external customer expectations.
Process work will entail assisting the business owner(s) with creating, implementing, and maintaining best practices processes that best align to external best practices or emerging technologies. Additionally, the Manager III, Enterprise Business Process Management, will identify and implement standard IT Technologies and processes to support business processes, including enterprise data collection, enterprise analysis, and enterprise reporting processes that continuously evolve to meet current and future business needs. As an essential function, the Manager III, Enterprise Business Process Management, will be responsible for the technology components of business-sponsored projects; ensuring effective project design, development, test, deploy, adoption, and support performance metrics.
- Lead the establishment and execution of the enterprise processes for the entire company, ensuring all facets are consistent, standardized, and aligned with overall business objectives.
- Work closely with Global Function/Business Unit leaders to ensure that the appropriate data is available and accurate to be reviewed at the appropriate process improvement & review meetings, both regionally and enterprise-wide.
- Work with business experts and decision makers to establish enterprise standards.
- Research, recommend, and implement well-designed and sustainable systems & technologies to ensure targeted business performance improvements; align, create, and manage visibility to related metrics that support related key performance indicators and sustain project purpose.
- Proactively engage with business functions to identify initiatives and active work that may or may not correlate to approved strategies. Work actively to communicate and correlate business activities to sustain focus on approved strategies.
- Liaise cross-functional workstreams & people to create effective end-to-end business processes that touch or directly impact other upstream or downstream processes.
- Document, share, and implement best practice methods, processes, and ideas across the spectrum of stakeholders and initiatives. Seeks out new ways of operating by leveraging professional organizations, certifications, contacts, conventions, and related forms of media.
- Work with Global Function/Business Unit leaders to establish new and/or improved tools to ensure timely measurement, reporting, and visibility with key stakeholders.
- Manage and develop individual direct reports to grow internal process and business support expertise.
- Accountable to run and execute enterprise programs and projects within the overall Organization.
- Understand and adhere to our customer's dynamics, service expectations, goals, and initiatives as they relate to improving value for the Customer.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 7 year(s) minimum
- Certifications/Licenses/Other: Certifications in a related field of expertise is preferred (APICS, Business Process Management, Project Management, SixSigma/Lean.)
- Demonstrated knowledge & expertise in engineering (product, electrical, mechanical, and/or industrial) and equipment/asset maintenance processes is required. Strong alignment to engineering data management principles & best practices; aligned to the transformation to a digital enterprise. Keen understanding of high-speed manufacturing capabilities, challenges, and opportunities within asset-based industries is required. Specific knowledge of CPG industries is a definite plus.
- Demonstrated passion for excellence and driving continuous improvement throughout the Company.
- Demonstrated capability in building highly performing teams and developing talent.
- Demonstrated ability to align & partner with business leadership to create, develop, & execute innovative strategies that target and improve key business metrics.
- Demonstrated experience & skills necessary to design and develop a network of collaborative colleagues located across multiple geographic regions & multiple organizational business units.
- Proven ability to influence executives & key organizational leaders to develop, organize, & commit adequate resources to support approved process area improvement initiatives. Actively manage overall initiative implementation planning, resources, and budgets with executives and key functional resources to maintain a high level of resource engagement; ensuring effective program & process execution.
- Communication skills sufficient to coach and help others to connect to the importance of efficient business & ITS operating assumptions; and how those people, processes, & technologies enable (or limit) optimal responsiveness to core business objectives.
- Prioritization skills sufficient to evaluate large amounts of data and apply appropriate business environment context to select a small number of high priority issues / opportunities that deserve immediate attention or escalation within the organization.
- Leadership capabilities sufficient to develop and implement new business processes and standard tools relying on resources that report to other functions.
- Ability to lead and achieve goals through influence versus direct supervision.
- Ability to run enterprise programs and projects and drive to completion.
- Good collaboration, teamwork, and leadership qualities. The position will be working with a varied group of stakeholders, each of whom brings a different perspective and skill set to any given problem.
- Authentic desire to engage and help, but willingness to stand ground when necessary.
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented to handle complex projects, communications, timelines, and resourcing. .
Demonstrated Ball Leadership Skills for Managers and Above:
- Inspirational Role Model–Understands themselves and seeks opportunities to learn. Shows composure, responding consistently, openly, and courageously in all situations.
- Authentic Leadership–Demonstrates humility in the way they lead others. Takes a stand for what is right and admits their mistakes.
- Leadership Presence–Inspires trust in the broader organization. Acts on a sense of what the organization most needs to elevate its impact and move forward through complexity.
- Relationship Builder–Listens and empathizes, engages a wide range of people. Embraces peoples’ differences and helps every individual feel special and valued.
- People Grower–Encourages leadership in others and takes risks to help others grow. Champions collaboration across the organization.
- Culture Champion–Consciously evolves the culture to help secure the future of the business. Recognizes where behaviors need to change and how to change them.
- Results Oriented–A desire to make things happen, sets stretch goals, and motivates others to achieve them. Always looking to create a better result for customers.
- Future Catalyst–Communicates a vision of the future that compels others and helps them see around corners. Embraces change, takes risks, and seeks diverse perspectives.
- Breakthrough Strategist–Sees connections others don’t see. Translates this new insight into break-through strategies that open up new directions. Enrolls others in the new.
Up to 50% of international travel, depending up on enterprise initiatives
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Manager III, Enterprise BPM - Engineering & Maintenance
Job ID: 664323
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time