Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Manager, Business Planning & Financial Administration in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ more than 17,500 people worldwide and reported 2018 net sales of $11.6 billion. Ball is dedicated to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Ball Corporation is committed to recruiting, training, compensating and promoting regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.
For more information, visit www.ball.com, or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Manage financial procedures and ensures Global Business Services (GBS) global service delivery teams comply with Ball Corporation’s financial policies and procedures. This position is responsible for budgeting, forecasting, and financial analyses for GBS and IT. This role will also be primarily responsible for SOX monitoring, reporting and coordination for GBS globally.
- Prepares, monitors, and maintains procedures and guidelines for the GBS and IT financial operations.
- Prepares, compiles and reconciles annual operating plan and reforecasts for GBS US and IT global functions. Monitors and maintains planning data and communicates to stakeholders.
- Monitors the results for US GBS and IT departments prepares and coordinate with accounting teams as necessary.
- Supplies appropriate schedules across service delivery areas, as needed, to complete the quarterly performance review packages to internal customers.
- Reviews actual costs for US GBS and IT and provides explanations for variances to plan or reforecasts.
- Ensures compliance with Aerospace regarding costs for GBS US and IT US.
- Develops and updates Service Level Agreements for services and works closely with regional service delivery groups.
- Prepares regular and ad hoc accounting reports and analyses to apprise management of key financial activity.
- Ensures all necessary analyses and accounting entries are made timely, accurately and posted correctly, thus ensuring all expenses are properly charged to the appropriate entity and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Recommends and participates in policy updates with corporate accounting as needed.
- . Monitors SOX and Internal controls for GBS. Works with GBS Director and Operational teams on deficiencies. Prepares and monitors dashboards around SOX and Internal controls.
- Manages the IT allocation process. Working with management to ensure the allocation drivers are appropriate. Participates in the US GBS allocation process.
- Reviews and provides input on capital project spend with the IT team.
- Provides and implements various finance policies and procedures for GBS and IT to ensure compliance with Ball Corporation’s finance policies and procedures.
- Establishes and directs priorities for development, implementation, and enhancement of GBS systems.
- Identifies financial issues and presents resolution option along with recommendation.
- Summarizes and presents monthly, quarterly and annual financial costs to management. Highlights and provides verbal or written explanations to major variances from budget and forecast for US GBS and IT Globally
- Handle ad hoc requests as assigned.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 5 year(s) minimum
- Broad training in a related professional field acquired through BS/BA in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- CPA preferred
- Working knowledge of the following areas:
- accounting (both GAAP and cost) and plant operating principles practices, nomenclature, and procedures
- generally accepted managerial practices and procedures
- financial planning
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard accounting and financial analysis techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Ability to participate with functional counterparts within the organization and through all stages of planning and development of program objectives, including directing and allocating the department’s resources, timing, etc., needed to assure program(s) completion
- Managing and Measuring Work. Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress, and results; designs feedback
- 10% - 20% of travel
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Manager, Business Planning & Financial Administration
Job ID: 666411
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time