Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Innovation Engineer, Emerging Technologies in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 18,500 people worldwide and reported 2017 net sales of $11 billion. For more information, visit www.ball.com, or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
Would you like to work with cutting edge technology in areas like robotics, artificial intelligence, data analytics and mixed reality to define the future of manufacturing? Do you enjoy the challenge of building creative and innovative solutions to address complex business problems? If so, come join our Emerging Technology group and help us make a successful manufacturing business even better. We are seeking an inquisitive and driven Innovation Engineer to help develop the next generation of digital manufacturing capabilities.
*Primary Purpose of Position: *
Leads advanced, innovative emerging technology initiatives to develop the next generation of digital manufacturing technologies (e.g. Machine Learning, Internet of things, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Physical/Digital Bridge, etc.) and other rapidly evolving digital manufacturing technologies to improve our global operations and manufacturing capabilities and performance.
Maximizes growth and operational improvements by applying digital manufacturing technologies, project improvements and data driven decision making to further reduce costs, improve quality and asset utilization, and advance the use of automation across global operations
- Identifies and evaluates industry trends, commercial offerings and joint development opportunities to recommend modern, advanced technologies and programs that align with the established roadmap / focus areas and support increased production, reduced product cost, and improved quality.
- Coordinates, plans, and delivers prototype / proof of concept projects for technical validation of business value and EVA. Assists in developing objectives, project criteria and budgets. Coordinates with engineering, manufacturing, IT, partners and stakeholders concerning implementation of these projects.
- Establishes, maintains and leverages an intimate knowledge and understanding of plant processes throughout regional manufacturing operations to assess, analyze and recommend projects and technologies for improving our global manufacturing operations.
- In collaboration with business leaders and subject matter experts, uses established methodologies to document business cases/ROI for investments that support business goals for the enterprise and protects company interests.
- Collaborates with customers to identify challenges and opportunities as critical input to the Global Innovation vision, strategy and roadmap for emerging digital manufacturing technologies.
- Responsible for effective and proactive communications including written communication for status reports and technology reports.
- Oversees matrixed, multi-functional teams (e.g. operations, engineering, IT, etc.) to ensure project trials are globally validated.
- Maintains Corporate ITS alignment through reciprocal involvement in planning and scoping new initiatives. Ensures Ball standards are followed for approved projects. Ensures participation and compliance regarding technology architecture and standards.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education or work-related experience.
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field strongly preferred.
- Job related experience of 2 years minimum.
- Working and/or expert knowledge of the following areas: Data analysis, Object Oriented Programming, Cloud Computing, MS Windows, Data Networking, 3D Modeling, Unity, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Program Management.
- Versatility and agility to quickly absorb and understand new technology including capability, business application, scale and cost model.
- 25% travel
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Innovation Engineer, Emerging Technologies
Job ID: 665542
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time