Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace FPGA & Digital Design Engineer I (665545) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
FPGA and Digital Design Engineer I
What You'll Do:
- FPGA and electronic systems development for Tactical Systems. Assignments include designs which leverage SoC architectures with embedded processors, a variety of signal processing and algorithm implementation, as well as communication interfaces/protocols.
- Work closely with other engineers (RF, Mechanical, Systems, Software, Board design, Operational Analysis) to build end-to-end system solutions from sensor output to bits.
- All aspects of FPGA work flow, including design, simulation, block-level verification, synthesis, static timing, lab bench testing, embedded software coding, and supporting test software/scripting.
- Comprehensive documentation of design work, possibly including customer presentations.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Strong experience with FPGA or ASIC design flow, VHDL/Verilog, System Verilog and associated simulation and synthesis tools.
- Good understanding of various interfaces and protocols to parts external to the FPGA. (ADCs, DACs, PLLs, Ethernet, SERDES, JESD, etc..)
- Knowledge of computer architecture, fixed vs. floating point math, and DSP is a plus.
- Familiarity with C++, Ruby, Python or Matlab is a plus.
- Familiarity with Xilinx Vivado and SDK tools is a plus.
- Familiarity and interest in algorithms, deep learning, and control systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of anti-tamper techniques is a plus.
- Space or military experience highly desired, but not required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong presentation skills.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: FPGA & Digital Design Engineer I (665545)
Job ID: 665545
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time