Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Engineering Aide II (665771) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Engineering Aide II
What You’ll Do:
- Perform a variety of technical assignments requiring a limited knowledge of engineering, science, or other technical applications.
- Assist and support engineering, production, by:
- Kitting arts for engineering builds.
- Retrieving parts from shipping or stores.
- Expediting parts from the Ball Boulder facility.
- Expediting parts to local vendors (Premier, Aspen, etc.).
- Maintain group action item lists (spreadsheets) that are updated in meetings.
- Maintain graphical schedules (PowerPoint) that are updated in meetings.
- Compile feedback from design reviews and take notes during meetings.
- Find test equipment and set up benches for measurements.
- Return equipment due for calibration.
- Help with lab organization and maintenance.
- With guidance of a designated engineer, gather, maintain, format, compile, manipulate technical data, such as laboratory or material test results and engineering design changes.
- Use personal computer in development of documentation/reports.
- May document tests and record data to assist with technical evaluation or analysis.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 or more years of related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 2 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- BA/BS degree in STEM or 4 years of experience in data analysis is preferred.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to track and complete multiple tasks from multiple stakeholders.
- Willingness to volunteer assistance when it has not been explicitly requested.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, or production environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Engineering Aide II (665771)
Job ID: 665771
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time