Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Engineer Senior - Advanced Manufacturing (665619) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Engineer Senior – Advanced Manufacturing
Support design and process development for RF antenna and / or RF electronic products in an advanced manufacturing / development work cell environment on latest technology military aircraft and / or missile platforms.
What you’ll do:
- Provide senior level manufacturing engineering responsible engineer (RE) support for RF antenna / electronics systems in a development and transition-to-production technology cell work environment.
- Ensure design producibility. Refine, modify, or provide input into applications, processes, and devices as required to meet manufacturing and test requirements. Analyze statistical data, evaluate and implement improvements to meet contract/schedule/quality requirements.
- Provide hands-on support for product and process development as part of a development team.
- Assume ownership for manufacturing schedules that meet program schedule milestones
- Actively lead and participate in Manufacturing Readiness Level Assessments.
- Coordinate design-to-cost activities; track cost impact from design changes; report accordingly to design teams
- Track and communicate lessons learned between new designs
- Serves in a senior role to lead and direct program / project team operational execution in support of program goals. Directs the activities of program manufacturing engineers, planners, and assembly / test technicians. Promotes a team environment.
- Provides mentorship and direction to MfgE and planning personnel; includes providing recognition and performance feedback to functional leads.
- Creates and maintains accurate manufacturing schedules that meet program schedule milestones.
- Work independently or in a team environment to resolve program issues using data- based root cause analysis; diligently applies firm corrective actions.
- Demonstrates the ability to organize information, job tasks, and manage time for most efficient and “best value” performance. Establishes personal objectives; sets expectations of self that are aligned with organizational and departmental goals
- Ensure that all manufacturing procedures and processes conform to Quality Business System (QBS) and/or contract requirements for quality and performance.
- Develop and maintain manufacturing build instructions.
- Maintain and control production tooling in accordance with QBS requirements. Design and / or communicate tool design needs to tool design engineers.
- Contribute to and / or present technical data in support of technical exchange meetings, design reviews, manufacturing readiness reviews, and program status reviews with program managers and customers.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including design development/test engineering, quality assurance, Supply Chain Management, process labs and outside suppliers. Maintains excellent rapport with internal / external customers.
- Maintain required records and reports in accordance with QBS requirements.
- Understand and competently use in-house business systems including Manufacturing Execution System, manufacturing shop floor control, internal status reporting, and product data management system
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS/BA degree or higher in Engineering or a related field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Engineer Senior - Advanced Manufacturing (665619)
Job ID: 665619
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time