Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Engineer II - Operations Research Analyst / Mission Analyst (666330) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Engineer II - Operations Research Analyst / Mission Analyst
What you’ll do:
- Define mission analysis studies to help drive cutting edge technology developments for Ball Aerospace and our customers from a top-level mission-focused perspective.
- Identify or create tools or frameworks for performing modeling and simulation/analysis of military systems and next-generation technology solutions to assess overall mission impact.
- Research existing military systems to understand and characterize their technical performance and possible shortfalls and propose solutions to fill any identified gaps.
- Model future military systems at appropriate fidelity using sound analytical judgement to fill in incomplete information.
- Perform trade studies and analyze simulation results to draw meaningful mission-driving conclusions.
- Communicate complex analytical techniques and results clearly and concisely to audiences of varying technical expertise
- Prepare and deliver technical briefings and reports to internal audiences, contractor, and government decision makers
- Use internally developed MATLAB modeling frameworks and commercial/government provided tools
- Contribute to updating and implementing group vision while upholding and promoting group Core Values
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A DoD Top Secret clearance is required.
- Current access to Special Access Programs is preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as a strategic, out-of-the-box thinker.
- Strong computer skills and scripting/programming experience is required, MATLAB preferred
- Broad academic backgrounds including academic research experience is preferred.
- Ability to independently research new topics of interest.
- Ability to document analysis results, write reports and present findings to audiences at varying technical levels
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interface with technicians, peers, senior-level engineers, business development, management.
- Current access to Special Access Programs
- Experience evaluating air-vehicle, sensor, or weapon performance and survivability
- Electronic Warfare modeling and simulation experience
- Remote sensing and/or communication theory experience
- RF and/or EOIR system or mission-level modeling experience
- Knowledge of surface and airborne military systems, operations, and Integrated Air Defense Systems (IADS)
- Experience with military modeling environments (Brawler, Suppressor, AFSIM, EADSIM, ESAMS, etc)
- Object Oriented programming experience, MATLAB preferred
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government national security clearance investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required. By applying to this position you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire, if one is required, to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Engineer II - Operations Research Analyst / Mission Analyst (666330)
Job ID: 666330
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time