Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Electrical Solutions Design Engineering Manager II (665228) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Electrical Solutions Design Engineering Manager II
Manage specific skill-set/sub-groups in the EE design organization within Engineering with functional responsibilities to meet program execution commitments over all phases of the program lifecycle. This position reports to the Director of Electrical Solutions.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for budget planning, personnel management and execution of Design – Analog/Digital/FPGA/Electronics Packaging/Lay-out Support through the full program lifecycle for both space and tactical solution products.
- Responsible for EE design performance to meet cost, schedule and technical objectives and successful EE execution on all Strategic Business Unit (SBU) efforts.
- Maintain a close partnership with activities in other Engineering organizations – Supply Chain, Manufacturing/Test and with Mission Assurance to support execution to cost objectives.
- Direct development of EE design solutions in response to customer needs, and support SBU capture plans and strategies, pursuit and proposal activities, and customer relationships. Influence technology and associated integration roadmap.
- Identify and develop technology that supports customer solutions and maintains an innovation edge and cost advantage in the market-place.
- Anticipate and ensure talent and skill mix of the group are in sync with the needs of programs and new business development organizations.
- Perform candidate hiring selection process, assign appropriate staff to programs, conduct performance assessments and personnel actions, support salary reviews, recognition programs, ensure group has the appropriate processes in place to meet needs of programs and compliance with approved standards.
- Ensure engineers are appropriately trained to meet needs of programs as well as employee career goals.
- Develop and improve engineering processes; support Engineering Process Improvement goals, execute process corrective actions and Failure Review Boards as required; support internal and external audits, ensure compliance with ISO standards.
- On as needed basis, lead technical oriented teams to resolve critical business, programmatic, or technical issues.
- Maintain knowledge of latest developments and how they can be applied to our businesses.
- Ensure that all business is conducted with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations as well as company policies and directives.
- Represent Engineering with customers and at industry and government conferences.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship within Engineering, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 12 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A history of performance illustrating skills in being a self -starter, having excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal, ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to apply sound leadership/ management principles to an organization of high performing engineers developing electronics throughout the full lifecycle from proposal through delivery.
- Relevant work experience with end-to-end electronics/harness development and production.
- Experience with component engineering aspects for space, military, tactical and commercial needs with focus on "reuse", "standardization" and "built-in quality" at various levels of hardware/product development, procurement and fabrication.
- Working knowledge of electrical hardware quality principles, industry standards/specifications for space and ground applications.
- Ability to operate at the system level and interface to all engineering disciplines/organizations.
- Experience demonstrating knowledge of electrical engineering with DoD, NASA and commercial/operational space customers.
- Prior experience working in/with controlled, classified security environments is highly desirable.
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance is required.
- Work is performed in an office environment
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Electrical Solutions Design Engineering Manager II (665228)
Job ID: 665228
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time