Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Electrical Project Engineer in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 18,500 people worldwide and reported 2017 net sales of $11 billion. For more information, visit www.ball.com, or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
*Primary Purpose of Position: *
Provides technical support for the electrical project engineering function as directed. Works with plants to model existing lines and convert line control programs into simulation model.
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work environment.
- Supports and follows the guidelines of the food safety system.
- Conducts all of his/her work with communication and coordination involving appropriate engineering and plant organizations.
- Consults with engineering and manufacturing personnel to assure the use of appropriate and consistent technologies.
- Converts CAD drawings of lines into simulation software representation.
- Converts Ladder logic programs to Simtalk logic (Siemens).
- Originates, investigates, and suggests improvements to electrical equipment, systems, and processes for the purpose of increased production, reduced cost, or improved maintainability using data from simulation modeling.
- Responsible for providing technical support to plants, licensees, joint ventures, and customers. Participates hands-on in modeling, investigations and testing changes of machine and conveying controls.
- Responsible for preparing models, experiments, and reports of conclusions for Engineering department and plant review.
- Participates in audits and upgrades and recommends improvements to controls and processes.
- Maintains a broad understanding of other engineering disciplines and of the mechanical functions of equipment used in the plants.
- Maintains the professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge and skills necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Assures and maintains safe and healthful working conditions while enforcing safety rules and regulations.
- Maintains awareness and complies with all environmental management requirements.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 2 year(s) minimum preferred
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through on the job training, technical school education or engineering degree.
- Experience in programming, development, and troubleshooting of programs in object oriented languages similar to C++ or C#.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Problem Solving. Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Peer Relationships. Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum or noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: Ability to perform mathematical calculations. Ability to functionally use a computer.
- Works under general supervision. Follows established procedures. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment and overall adequacy.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills. Assists with the preparation of presentations.
- 50% short-term and long-term domestic and international travel
- Works in both office and manufacturing environments.
- This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Electrical Project Engineer
Job ID: 665550
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time