Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Electrical Project Engineer II (665661) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Electrical Project Engineer II
Lead a team of Electrical Systems, Mechanical Packaging, Electrical Circuit Design, Parts & Reliability, Radiation, and Production Engineers in the design, fabrication, test, and integration of ground and space based electronics subsystems.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead cross functional teams within an engineering environment.
- Responsible for system cost, schedule, technical, and personnel management across multiple projects or at an IPT level.
- Provide and communicate understanding of both the technical and programmatic aspects of a project to the project team as well as the customer.
- Manage complex subcontracts and support new business proposal opportunities.
- Work on projects that include high reliability electronics for NASA, DoD, and Commercial Space applications.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Demonstrated successful management of electronics development efforts including meeting cost, schedule, and performance goals.
- Experience leading cross functional teams and able to partition technical work as well as provide technical guidance.
- Hands-on experience in space flight electronics design, fabrication, and test.
- Experience managing all aspects of electrical engineering projects from start to finish.
- Able to provide alternatives to requirements that drive system cost and schedule.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written communication skills, oral presentation skills, conflict management and an ability to lead group discussions.
- Cost and schedule management with earned value reporting along with resource, risk and subcontract management.
- Experience with “flight space qualified” electronic programs and radiation-hardened environments to include knowledge of EEE parts for space flight applications and detailed understanding of associated screening and qualification processes.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Electrical Project Engineer II (665661)
Job ID: 665661
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time