Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Electrical Harness Engineer I (665594) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Electrical Harness Engineer I
Work with Project Engineers, Electrical Systems, Harness Design, and Manufacturing Engineers to plan, manage and execute, design, fabrication, test, and integration of ground and space based Electrical Harness and Wiring Assembly projects.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with and lead cross functional teams within an engineering and manufacturing environment.
- Assist Project Engineers with management of project cost, schedule, and technical, performance across multiple projects and at program IPT level.
- Communicate understanding and clarification of both the technical and programmatic aspects of a project to the project team.
- Support new business and program cost estimating and schedule development activities.
- Work on projects that include development of electrical harness assemblies for NASA, DoD, and Commercial Space payloads and spacecraft systems.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within all the Ball departments including, the Strategic Business Units, and Strategic Support Units. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Demonstrated successful management of hardware development efforts including meeting schedule, and performance goals.
- Experience leading teams and able to identify needs for expert input and engage with company subject matter experts to resolve issues.
- Hands on experience in space flight hardware design, fabrication, and test.
- Experience managing some aspects of project engineering from requirement development to hardware integration.
- Able to provide alternative and creative approaches to requirements, process and management that help improve efficiencies, cost and schedule on projects.
- Willing to learn and become efficient at Ball Design, Material and Anomaly management systems.
- Willing to learn and complete training in Cost Account Management (CAM) at Ball to become a certified CAM.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written communication skills, oral presentation skills, conflict management and an ability to lead group discussions.
- Schedule management with status reporting along with resource, and risk management.
- Experience with “flight space qualified” hardware programs and understanding of the rigor in process, documentation and qualification of parts and assemblies.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Electrical Harness Engineer I (665594)
Job ID: 665594
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time