Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Electrical Engineering Team Lead - Tactical Electronics (665691) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Electrical Engineering Team Lead – Tactical Electronics
What You’ll Do:
- Identify and manage technology development that supports customer solutions and maintains a culture of innovation.
- Anticipate needed skill sets and address those needs by proactively developing and / or hiring appropriate resources to fill those needs.
- Provide guidance to the individuals in the team with regard to career planning, training, and level of performance.
- Maintain contact with internal and external customers to ensure that the resources are meeting requirements.
- Adapt and apply Electrical Engineering Processes to support the Tactical Solutions Business unit.
- Manage and resolve staffing conflicts with the collaboration of the Tactical Solutions operations managers and director.
- Identify candidates for outstanding performance awards.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Self -starter, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to apply sound leadership and management principles to an organization of high performing electrical engineers developing tactical components throughout the full lifecycle from proposal through delivery.
- Influencing, communication and team skills will be critical to successful execution of the duties of the position.
- Experience in circuit design, documentation and implementation of high-speed digital electronics, FPGAs, and embedded processor systems.
- Experience in developing specifications, cost, schedule, and resource requirements for digital/FPGA designs.
- Ability to work requirements and flow down for system/subsystem/box/board needs.
- Designing for tactical environments (temperature, shock, vibration) is a plus.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Electrical Engineering Team Lead - Tactical Electronics (665691)
Job ID: 665691
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time