Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Electrical Engineer II – Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMI/EMC) (666310) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Electrical Engineer II – Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMI/EMC)
Want to be part of the electrical systems of the future? Ball Aerospace in beautiful Westminster and Boulder, Colorado pioneers electrical systems for challenging space, air, and ground applications. We are looking for Electrical Engineers with technical expertise in EMI/EMC who can help transform photons into new digital information.
*This position is eligible for a hiring incentive of a minimum of $10,000 for external hires only.
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical design expertise in the area of electromagnetic compatibility at the electronics board/box level for space-based remote sensing applications during all phases of a program life-cycle.
- Evaluate board/box level designs for electromagnetic compatibility, perform modeling & simulation, understand and provide input to EMI testing
- Document test results and exceedances and write post-test compliance reports.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ability to understand the impacts of a given electromagnetic environment on design and assessment of boards and boxes.
- Introductory knowledge of EMI testing.
- Experience in electronics or avionics board level design and/or test.
- Familiarity with EMC design and analysis tools to include LTSpice or equivalent, CST (Studio Suite), ANSYS (HFSS), MATLAB or Mathcad.
- Understanding of how to influence electronic circuit design (digital, analog, power, RF) for EMI/EMC/ESD compliance.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, strong presentation skills, and the ability to communicate test results.
- Familiarity with MIL-STD-461/462/1541 and SMC-S-016 testing requirements is desired.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance or government customer access to classified/sensitive material. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance or government customer access within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. *US Citizenship is Required. By applying to this position you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire, if one is required, to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Electrical Engineer II – Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMI/EMC) (666310)
Job ID: 666310
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time