Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Electrical Engineer II - Electrical Systems Harness Design (665544) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Electrical Engineer II – Electrical Systems Harness Design
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for system-level harness design with prime focus on power distribution and circuit compatibility.
- Perform detail analysis on interface control specifications to meet program requirements.
- Work closely with PWB packaging, layout, and harness engineers.
- Help to define and implement test and verification methodology for system level compatibility.
- Lead resolution of hardware anomalies root cause and corrective action at harness-level.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field plus 5 or more years of related experience is required.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Candidate should be familiar with analog electronic circuit design, electronic systems, as well as harness derating.
- Experience designing a system of harnesses for spacecraft and payloads
- Strong MS Excel background is required.
- Requires exceptional verbal and written communication skills, strong presentation skills, and ability to work with internal and external customers.
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance is required.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Electrical Engineer II - Electrical Systems Harness Design (665544)
Job ID: 665544
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time