Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Electrical Engineer II - Electrical System Engineer (664993) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Electrical Engineer II – Electrical System Engineer
Provide electrical system architecture and electronics implementation experience, knowledge, and technical leadership for cutting-edge digital and mixed-signal design, focusing on tactical imaging systems.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the infusion of new electrical technology and ensure the electrical system works end-to-end for systems.
- Lead electrical technology assessments and electrical system level architecture trade studies, electrical system definition, and electrical subsystem level requirements flow-down (analysis and allocation).
- Effectively operate within a multi-discipline tactical system engineering team.
- Provide technical oversight to ensure the electrical system is compliant and verifiable. Potential technologies include image sensors, digital signal processing, high speed data transfer, low noise analog sensing, and low voltage power.
- Mentor and develop junior level electrical engineers.
- Electrical subsystem level grounding, EMI/EMC/ESD allocations and implementation, and electrical interface control definitions.
- Identify and mitigate technical risks.
- Evaluate and optimize size, weight, and power.
- Present to both internal and external customers.
- Define and implement the test and verification program.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Current Secret or higher clearance is desired.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, strong presentation skills, and the ability to effectively lead group discussions.
- Experience with electronics detailed design and analysis experience is desired.
- Experience with high speed data transfer is desired.
- Experience designing for a tactical environment is desired.
- Direct experience with electro-optical (EO) systems is desired.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Electrical Engineer II - Electrical System Engineer (664993)
Job ID: 664993
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time