Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Electrical Engineer I - Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMI/EMC) (665674) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Engineer I – Electromagnetic Compliance Engineer
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with senior EMI/EMC engineers to support a variety of electronic designs at Ball Aerospace, including space, airborne, and ground-based systems.
- Contribute to the definition of an electronics EMI compliant architecture for spacecraft subsystem and assembly level hardware. This includes: technology assessments, instrument and/or spacecraft requirements review, requirements analysis and allocation at an electronic box level, support electrical subsystem trade studies, support hardware development efforts for current and future program needs and provide test support during environmental EMC testing.
- Support instrument remote sensing and/or spacecraft bus programs especially in the areas of EMI/EMC requirements, design, issues and testing (unit level and system level).
- Supports the development of EMC Control Plans and EMI Test Procedures, based on EMC requirements
- Document the results of analyses associated with applying EMC requirements to components, subsystems, cables and harnesses.
- Document test results and exceedances, and write post-test compliance reports.
- Participate in activities in all phases of a program life-cycle from concept development to delivery.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 2 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience in electronics design and/or test.
- An understanding of requirements definition, decomposition, and flow-down, circuit design, interface definition, hardware specifications, interface control, analyses, and verification.
- Knowledge of electronics designed for EMI/EMC/ESD compliance, to include circuit design aspects of high speed or high frequency circuits is preferred.
- Familiarity with circuit modeling tools, such as LTSPICE or equivalent
- Knowledge of electromagnetics, to include transmission lines, antennas, cable coupling and electromagnetic transients
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, strong presentation skills, and the ability to communicate test results.
- Familiarity with MIL-STD-461/462/464/1541 and SMC-S-016 testing requirements is desired.
- Familiarity with electromagnetic modeling tools, such as Ansys, HFSS, FEKO, etc. is desired
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Electrical Engineer I - Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMI/EMC) (665674)
Job ID: 665674
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time