Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Electrical Engineer I (665356) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Engineer Electrical I
What you'll do:
- Responsible for system and detail circuit development of space or land based, high reliability electronic systems, modeling and simulations, with prime focus on either analog or power supply design.
- PCB design and parts selection trade-offs.
- Schematic capture of digital and analog interfaces.
- Circuit simulation of analog interfaces.
- Support integration and testing of various electronic assemblies.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Solid knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals.
- Hands on experience with both analog and digital interfaces.
- Electronics packaging at PWA and chassis level is desired.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong presentation skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office tools.
- Experience with Matlab, PSPICE/LTSPICE, Mathcad is a plus.
- Experience with analog/power supply electronics or digital electronics design and analysis.
- Ability to work with lab equipment, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, signal generators, power supplies, logic analyzers.
- Hands on experience with hardware debugging is a plus.
- Designing for tactical environments (temperature, vibration, radiation) is a plus.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Electrical Engineer I (665356)
Job ID: 665356
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time