Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Coordinator, Production Graphics in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 18,500 people worldwide and reported 2017 net sales of $11 billion. For more information, visit www.ball.com, or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
*Primary Purpose of Position: *
Provides support for the quality assurance graphics function as directed.
- Implements the administrative duties as related to the graphics department including pilot production, plate making and proofing for all plants.
- PLATE Operation
- Proofreads negatives and plates for accuracy.
- Produces printing plates for product labels according to the release report.
- Responsible for replenishing supplies and materials for assigned area.
- Conducts inspection of materials and finished product.
- Maintains filing system for negatives and plates.
- Maintains obsolete negative listing and purges all files and computer information as directed by the graphics department.
- PILOT Operation
- Coordinates the pilot production schedule.
- Assists with the qualification of artwork.
- Coordinates ink activity for pilot labels.
- Proofreads all artwork, negatives and plates for accuracy.
- Produces printing plates for labels according to the pilot production schedule. Maintains and reworks old printing plates and plate negatives for the pilot.
- Assists in making major adjustments or mechanical repairs to the pilot production equipment.
- Conducts inspection of in-process or finished product.
- Responsible for replenishing supplies required for assigned area.
- Performs troubleshooting on pilot production equipment as required.
- Performs preventative maintenance on pilot production equipment as required.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 1 year minimum
- Working knowledge of graphic principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures
- Ability to effectively create and maintain a teamwork environment.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to organize, plan, and prioritize.
- Ability to meet deadlines, concentrate, and pay attention to detail.
- Must be able to recognize and define problems using investigative process to analyze and evaluate complex information from a number of sources to arrive at conclusions. Must be able to use intuition, logical reasoning, and innovation to solve problems.
- Ability to analyze and interpret statistical data in order to make recommendations.
- Ability to arrange or organize according to systematic groups, classes or categories.
- Ability to perform or work repeatedly in order to gain proficiency.
- Ability to inquire specifically, using involved and critical investigations.
- Ability to anticipate tasks, situations, etc., in carrying out responsibilities.
- Ability to meet schedules.
- Ability to provide meticulous attention to detail and accuracy to work.
- Must able to work flexible/rotating schedule
- 5% travel
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Coordinator, Production Graphics
Job ID: 665644
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time