Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Contracts Specialist (664943) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
As a contract specialist in the Tactical Solutions (TS) contracts department, reporting to a Senior Manager, you will assume a hands-on Contract Specialist role as an individual contributor.
What You'll Do
- Provide contract negotiation and administration on a variety of programs encompassing all phases of the contract life cycle (pre-proposal through contract close out).
- Collaborate with other employees in the department, cross-functionally and with program personnel, and for establishing effective relationships with key customers.
- Assist the Sr. Manager in reviewing contracts and related documents to assess risk to the company and recommend mitigation approaches and ensure compliance with various federal regulations and Ball Aerospace policy.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule in accordance with company policy.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need
- BS/BA in a related field plus 10 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Government and Commercial (domestic and international desirable) contracts experience.
- Business related Master's is desirable.
- CPCM certification desirable.
- Experienced with cost reimbursable, award fee and incentive fee contracts.
- Experience with Firm Fixed Price contracts.
- Experience with DOD and major Aerospace primes preferred.
- Strong oral and written communications skills, computer fluency, agile and effective negotiator with clear oral and written explanations.
- Ability to work a variety of complex issues at one time.
- Experience in developing and implementing negotiation strategies.
- Must be a leader with strong conflict resolution skills in a changing environment.
- Government Security Clearance is desirable.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Contracts Specialist (664943)
Job ID: 664943
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time