Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Antenna (Survivability and Strike) RF Design Engineer I (665233) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Antenna (Survivability and Strike) RF Design Engineer I
This position will have stealth or low-observable (LO) antenna and RF design engineering as its area of specialization.
What you’ll do:
- Antenna and antenna-related RF component design and development along with some new business support.
- Develop and apply technical knowledge in RF engineering to LO antennas and RF component design.
- Participate in the hands-on design and realization of state-of-the-art LO antennas and RF components.
- Frequent use and application of technical RF standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
- Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Works under general supervision. Follows established procedures.
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Some inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters.
- Relate well with other people, contribute to small teams, and share knowledge and expertise. May provide guidance to lower graded employees and technicians.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units, and the rest of the company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 2 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered.
- Basic competency in core RF engineering and antenna theory.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills. May assist with the preparation and delivery of presentations.
- Some experience with design of antennas and RF components (frequency-selective surfaces (FSS), radomes, power dividers, couplers, transitions, etc.) is preferred.
- Exposure and use of software and simulation tools such as AWR Microwave Office/Agilent ADS, CST, FEKO, HFSS, and SENTRI is preferred.
- Some experience in programming, data manipulation, and data visualization in MATLAB or other programming language is preferred.
- Some exposure to RCS design, prediction, and measurement is preferred.
- Current security clearance is preferred.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Antenna (Survivability and Strike) RF Design Engineer I (665233)
Job ID: 665233
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time