Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Advanced Systems Manager II-IAS EO/IR Systems (665811) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Advanced Systems Manager II
Work in a team environment supporting new business capture activities in the Imaging and Surveillance (IAS) business area, with specific focus on passive and active EO/IR systems.
What you'll do:
- Lead a team of engineers and related staff focused on developing capture strategies and executing development programs leading to government-based markets focused on EO/IR system applications within the Tactical Solutions (TS) Business unit.
- Provide leadership, knowledge, business acumen, strategies, competitive intelligence, and market forecasts commensurate with Ball Aerospace financial and strategic plans relative to the purpose noted above.
- Create connections with senior level customers outside of Ball Aerospace. Foster new relationships, manage and advance current relationships.
- Demonstrate business acumen with Ball Aerospace’s customer base.
- Provide strong knowledge of desired markets, assess market potential and develop investment plans to penetrate new markets
- Provide inputs to long-term roadmaps for technology development, opportunity identification, capture management, and proposal efforts.
- Responsible for coordinating and preparing related proposal activities.
- Fostering innovative design approaches and rapid prototyping within Ball Aerospace procedures and policies.
- Coordinate customer contacts with key government and industry customers including CERDEC, NVESD, AFRL, ONR, NRL and DARPA.
- Aid in development and implementation of five-year strategic plan.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
- BS/BA degree in a related field, plus 10 or more years of related experience in defense or a related industry.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Strong technical and business skills and demonstrated ability to grow new business opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead highly motivated design teams.
- Demonstrated experience in leading new business capture activities including establishing win strategies.
- Must have demonstrated excellent leadership and interpersonal skills in relevant business environments.
- Customer Relationships: Knowledge and experience working in the active and passive EO/IR business area. Established relationships with key personnel within the customer community.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations will be required.
- Anticipated travel is approximately 25%.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Advanced Systems Manager II-IAS EO/IR Systems (665811)
Job ID: 665811
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time