Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace UX Designer / Human Interface Engineer I – (665804) in Washington, District Of Columbia
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebookor Twitter.
Ball Aerospace is a prime contractor leading development teams at AFRL and NASIC. Dayton personnel develop advanced hardware and software systems and provide management services to solve customer problems and create new capabilities. This includes designing and developing software tools and threat models, performing extensive data analyses, and executing modeling and simulations using both internally developed and standard models.
Systems Engineering Solutions provides technical and professional services to defense, intelligence, homeland security and space science markets.
*This position is contingent upon contract award*
This position will be located in St. Louis, Missouri – or Washington, D.C.
UX Designer / Human Interface Engineer I – (665804)
What You’ll Do:
- Individual shall be open-minded to innovative approaches, empathetic to users’ needs, creative, and self-critical;
- Shall be collaborative and communicative amongst other product managers and developers.
- Recommend product decisions through user research, customer development, and iterative feedback loops.
- You will be providing user interface recommendations and designs to a team developing and implementing software programs.
- You will be supporting a software team that will be developing in an agile software development environment, where built in automated test procedures are paramount and continuous integration of software and continuous delivery of software, to the Government is the culture
- Daily duties will include working with the development team designing and updating software under contract and direction from the assigned Government Product Manager.
- Provide input to test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization as well as offer recommendations of improvements to existing software applications as necessary.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 2 or more years related experience
- Preferred experience in research, visual design, graphic design, consulting, and/or development or a related technical field
- Possess at least one of the following certifications:
- CUA/CXA Certification
- UX Certification or UX Master Certification
- Certificate in User Experience and Customer-Center Design
- User Experience Certificate
- User Experience (UX) Design Certificate
- User Experience Design Certificate Program
- Experience working independently with clients or stakeholders conducting interviews, observations and surveys in support of user-story development.
- Experience in research, visual design, graphic design, consulting, and/or development.
- Experience working on a small product team that collaborated/worked directly with engineers
- You must possess an active TS/SCI or higher security clearance.
- Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Graphic Design or similar.
- Two or more years of experience with agile and lean philosophies.
- Two or more years of experience working independently with clients or stakeholders conducting interviews, observations and surveys to successfully create a user-story.
- Multiple examples of leading a product from discovery and framing through iterative development and delivery.
- Multiple examples of designing full-service applications with modern front-end technologies (e.g. HAML/SASS, grid systems, responsive design).
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: UX Designer / Human Interface Engineer I – (665804)
Job ID: 665804
Location: DC - Washington;OH - Dayton (Fairborn);MO - St. Louis
Full/Part Time: Full-Time