Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Cloud Engineer / DevOps Engineer I - (665803) in Washington, District Of Columbia
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebookor Twitter.
Ball Aerospace is a prime contractor leading development teams at AFRL and NASIC. Dayton personnel develop advanced hardware and software systems and provide management services to solve customer problems and create new capabilities. This includes designing and developing software tools and threat models, performing extensive data analyses, and executing modeling and simulations using both internally developed and standard models.
Systems Engineering Solutions provides technical and professional services to defense, intelligence, homeland security and space science markets.
*This position is contingent upon contract award*
This position will be located in St. Louis, Missouri or Washington, D.C.
Cloud Engineer / DevOps – (665803)
What You’ll Do:
- Support tools in a continuous integration pipeline to automate and/or scale deployment of capabilities.
- Create scripts and templates to build cloud-based development and deployment patterns for software engineers.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, monitoring and operations issues.
- Work with government delivery platform architects on software and system optimization, helping to remove potential performance bottlenecks.
- Write test scripts, in an agile software development environment, where built-in automated test procedures are paramount and continuous integration of software and continuous delivery of software, to the Government is the culture.
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization. Recommendation of improvements to existing software applications as necessary.
- Shall be collaborative and communicative amongst other product managers and developers.
- Daily duties will include working with the development team designing and updating software under contract and direction from the assigned Government Product Manager.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 2 or more years related experience
- Strong knowledge in at least one preferred scripting language such as Python, PHP, or Perl
- Experience in automation and testing software suites such as Selenium or JUnit
- Understanding of agile and other development processes
- Demonstrated experience with configuration and use of DevOps tools construct a functioning build pipeline
- Demonstrated experience with software process automation with popular scripting languages
- Demonstrated experience with build, release, and configuration management in a CI/CD environment
- Knowledge of best practices in support of IT operations in a 24/7 mission critical environment
- Must possess an active TS//SCI or higher security clearance.
- MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related technical experience.
- Two or more years of experience in software administration or software environment administration, with strong knowledge in at least one preferred scripting language such as Python, PHP, or Perl.
- Demonstrated experience with containerization platforms (e.g. Kubernetes, PKS, and Docker)
- Experience with cloud provisioning software such as Ansible, Chef, Cloud Formation Templates, etc.
- Experience with application performance analysis and monitoring (e.g. ELK or SPLUNK)
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Cloud Engineer / DevOps Engineer I - (665803)
Job ID: 665803
Location: DC - Washington;OH - Dayton (Fairborn);MO - St. Louis
Full/Part Time: Full-Time