Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Chemical Process Journeyman in Wallkill, New York
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 18,500 people worldwide and reported 2017 net sales of $11 billion. For more information, visit www.ball.com, or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Receives, stores, and handles hazardous and non-hazardous acids, caustics, oils and other process materials, keeping accurate records of all materials received and shipped.
- Monitors and adjusts wastewater systems and sludge removal for EPA compliance.
- Advises management of any violations of environmental procedures regarding labeling, storage or spills of hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
- Performs troubleshooting on production and support equipment as required.
- Performs preventative maintenance on production and support equipment as required.
- Performs on-the-job training and development of assigned personnel.
- Conducts inspection of in-process materials and in-process and finished product.
- Responsible for replenishing supplies, materials, and parts required for assigned area.
- Performs record keeping duties as required under the direction of management.
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the computer.
- Communicates pertinent information to next shift.
- Supplies and maintains required hand tools.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school education or equivalent.
- Job-related experience for 2 years minimum.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: basic knowledge of environmental regulations; knowledge of chemicals, oils, soluble oil compounds, water treatment process techniques, and/or chemical related manufacturing operations; nomenclature of all assigned equipment and products.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Maintains awareness and complies with hazardous waste management and other environmental management requirements in the workplace by attending scheduled training sessions.
- Ability to functionally use a computer
- Ability to perform proper handling of hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
Relocation for this position is Available
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Chemical Process Journeyman
Job ID: 666048
Location: NY - Wallkill
Full/Part Time: Full-Time