Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Operator Press in Verona, Virginia
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 18,500 people worldwide and reported 2017 net sales of $11 billion. For more information, visit www.ball.com, or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
*Job Summary: *
The press operator is responsible for processing coils through press to create slugs, including constant quality checks.
- Place coil on uncoiler and prepare for running.
- Remove scrap coil from upcoiler and place on drip pan.
- Must be able to recognize quality problems when doing quality checks and make minor adjustments.
- Maintain good housekeeping through out the shift, and do cleaning at the end of the shift.
- Maintain standard practice sheets by file when finished.
- Be on the production floor no later than 10 minutes before the beginning of the shift.
- Communication with the previous shift’s operator to assure a smooth transition from shift to shift, and to keep the press running.
- Any other tasks assigned by management including; assisting management in the training of new employees and the maintenance of a clean and organized work area.
- Any other tasks as assigned by management including; assisting management in the training of new employees.
- Regular, consistent and on-time attendance is required.
- Some mechanical skill preferred.
- Employees will spend the majority of their time standing and/or walking.
- Required lifting: At times up to 55 Lbs.
- High School Graduate. Basic reading, writing, and math skills required.
- Hand tools
- Skill Saws
- Must adhere to all guidelines as required by OSHA.
- Must make use of safety guards on all machines.
- Lockout/Tagout procedures must be utilized when necessary.
- Eye Protection, ear plugs, and steel toed shoes are required in many areas.
- Proper lifting technique must be utilized.
- When driving fork trucks, use caution to prevent hitting other employees or objects. Sound horn in high traffic areas and blind corners. Be certain the forks of the trucks are properly placed under objects before lifting.
- Must know the location on stay within easy reach of the safety stop button. All machine guards must be in place as required. Do not wear loose fitting clothing or jewelry near machinery.
- Aluminum cans, glass and plastic bottles, aerosol cans, and butane lighters are prohibited in the plant.
- All employees will complete an employee orientation program.
- Each employee must meet the requirements for this job during the 90 day probationary period in order to become qualified for this position.
- Forklift training.
- Additional safety, job, and training may be required at any time as required by management.
- Employees are expected to be on time each day that they are scheduled. Only unforeseen emergencies will be considered exceptions to this policy.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made as necessary to complete essential job functions.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Operator Press
Job ID: 664941
Location: VA - Verona
Full/Part Time: Full-Time